POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image Palette Register Server Time
18 Apr 2024 07:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Image Palette Register (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Woody
Subject: Image Palette Register
Date: 29 Aug 2012 08:30:01
Message: <web.503e0aa3d8fa7d9cd9fdb3af0@news.povray.org>
Can anyone recommned a program (preferably small compact and specialize to this
purpse) to use to obtain the color index/register or a particular color?

The question is in regards to the 'image_map' pigment and the 'filter' and
'transmit' properties (see http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/337/)

I usually use 'irfanview' (http://www.irfanview.com/) for such tasks, but it is
limited in that you can only get the register from a list of displayed colors.
You cannot use a dropper tool on the image itself to obtain the color register
for a particular pixel.

As some of the imaes i'm working with my have colors not normally distinguisable
by the human eye, does anyone know of such an app (preferably with 'color
dropper' functionality?

-Woody

Post a reply to this message

> Can anyone recommned a program (preferably small compact and specialize to this
> purpse) to use to obtain the color index/register or a particular color?
>
> The question is in regards to the 'image_map' pigment and the 'filter' and
> 'transmit' properties (see http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/337/)
>
> I usually use 'irfanview' (http://www.irfanview.com/) for such tasks, but it is
> limited in that you can only get the register from a list of displayed colors.
> You cannot use a dropper tool on the image itself to obtain the color register
> for a particular pixel.
>
> As some of the imaes i'm working with my have colors not normally distinguisable
> by the human eye, does anyone know of such an app (preferably with 'color
> dropper' functionality?

Gimp.

With an indexed image of course,

To see the map: Colors->Map->Rearrange ColorMap
(right click for sorting...)

To actually play with the palette: "on toolbox, click on the left
pointing arrow/triangle in a box, (top right of bottom panel, under the
ink/paper colour rectangle)"->Add tab->colormap

Enjoy!

Post a reply to this message