POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Splines Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Splines (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: MichaelJF
Subject: Splines
Date: 11 Aug 2012 15:45:00
Message: <web.5026b5a0d505a1e22a35ed20@news.povray.org>
I'm just figuring about splines a little bit. I encountered a representation
with points at the curve and two control points for each such point. This
"control points" are obviously in the gradient direction (plus/minus) of the
spline but they can have different lengths. And they influence the original

www.nolimitscoaster.com and you will see what I mean. I have not found the
mathematical representation of this parametrisation. Did someone have a hint?

Best regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message

Le 11/08/2012 21:42, MichaelJF nous fit lire :
> I'm just figuring about splines a little bit. I encountered a representation
> with points at the curve and two control points for each such point. This
> "control points" are obviously in the gradient direction (plus/minus) of the
> spline but they can have different lengths. And they influence the original
> curve heavíly. Play around with the editor of the demo-version of
> www.nolimitscoaster.com and you will see what I mean. I have not found the
> mathematical representation of this parametrisation. Did someone have a hint?

Greetings,

Splines is a generic term which regroup a lot of approach, and sometime
a single formula get know under more than one name.

You might indeed be playing with Bézier curve
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9zier_curve

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9zier_curve

(yep, there is also Bézier spline :
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9zier_spline