POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : marbles in a bowl Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  marbles in a bowl (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: joe
Subject: marbles in a bowl
Date: 13 Mar 2012 10:15:01
Message: <web.4f5f5587fe7a48579949baae0@news.povray.org>
Where do I need to start reading to figure out how to simulate marbles as they
would naturally lie in a bowl?  It seems that there is some type of physics add
on to povray that I read about some time ago.  I don't need animation.

Post a reply to this message

> Where do I need to start reading to figure out how to simulate marbles as they
> would naturally lie in a bowl?  It seems that there is some type of physics add
> on to povray that I read about some time ago.  I don't need animation.

Hi Joe, I suggest that you download and install MegaPOV. You can use Christoph
Hormann's "mechanics simulation" patch in MegaPOV to do that bowl of marbles
sort of thing:

http://megapov.inetart.net/

Cheers
www.McGregorFineArt.com

Post a reply to this message

"Robert McGregor" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:
> "joe" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Where do I need to start reading to figure out how to simulate marbles as they
> > would naturally lie in a bowl?  It seems that there is some type of physics add
> > on to povray that I read about some time ago.  I don't need animation.
>
> Hi Joe, I suggest that you download and install MegaPOV. You can use Christoph
> Hormann's "mechanics simulation" patch in MegaPOV to do that bowl of marbles
> sort of thing:
>
> http://megapov.inetart.net/
>
> Cheers
> www.McGregorFineArt.com