POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help on POV Raytracer malfunctioning Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:52:07 EDT (-0400)
  Help on POV Raytracer malfunctioning (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: AnaM
Subject: Help on POV Raytracer malfunctioning
Date: 9 Nov 2011 09:45:01
Message: <web.4eba91a4ac93d8f6ab69b5980@news.povray.org>
I have been working with dialux software for a long time and I have frequently
used POV Raytracer without any problems.
However, recently, every time I try to use POV an error message appears (Editor
DLL initialization failed (LoadLibrary failed, code is 0000007e) and it is
unable to do the render image. This started after I downloaded the 64 bit
version from pov ray web site and installed it.
After this situation appeared for the first time, I have tried different
solutions:
-install again the 32 bit POV Raytracer version.
-uninstall Dialux and install it again.
-install POV in a different directory.

Unfortunately, none of this has solved the problem so I am asking for your help
in order to be able to use POV again.

Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

> I have been working with dialux software for a long time and I have frequently
> used POV Raytracer without any problems.
> However, recently, every time I try to use POV an error message appears (Editor
> DLL initialization failed (LoadLibrary failed, code is 0000007e) and it is
> unable to do the render image. This started after I downloaded the 64 bit
> version from pov ray web site and installed it.
> After this situation appeared for the first time, I have tried different
> solutions:
> -install again the 32 bit POV Raytracer version.
> -uninstall Dialux and install it again.
> -install POV in a different directory.
>
> Unfortunately, none of this has solved the problem so I am asking for your help
> in order to be able to use POV again.

As far as I know, Dialux comes with an adapted version of POV-Ray
(though I may be mistaken there). Have you tried installig Dialux again
with all other POV-Ray versions uninstalled?

Which version of POV-Ray did you try? 3.6.2? 3.7.RC3? or an earlier one?

Post a reply to this message

> > I have been working with dialux software for a long time and I have frequently
> > used POV Raytracer without any problems.
> > However, recently, every time I try to use POV an error message appears (Editor
> > DLL initialization failed (LoadLibrary failed, code is 0000007e) and it is
> > unable to do the render image. This started after I downloaded the 64 bit
> > version from pov ray web site and installed it.
> > After this situation appeared for the first time, I have tried different
> > solutions:
> > -install again the 32 bit POV Raytracer version.
> > -uninstall Dialux and install it again.
> > -install POV in a different directory.
> >
> > Unfortunately, none of this has solved the problem so I am asking for your help
> > in order to be able to use POV again.
>
> As far as I know, Dialux comes with an adapted version of POV-Ray
> (though I may be mistaken there). Have you tried installig Dialux again
> with all other POV-Ray versions uninstalled?
>
> Which version of POV-Ray did you try? 3.6.2? 3.7.RC3? or an earlier one?

Yes, I have tried several times to install Dialux whithout any other POV-Ray

I tried to install POV Ray 3.6.2 version.