POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Map Mollweide projection (elliptical) onto sphere Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:14:22 EDT (-0400)
  Map Mollweide projection (elliptical) onto sphere (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: "Jérôme M. Berger"
Subject: Re: Map Mollweide projection (elliptical) onto sphere
Date: 24 Apr 2013 13:10:29
Message: <51781205$1@news.povray.org>
Yukterez_Enabled_Io wrote:
> I now installed Python 2.6 and the numpy, scipy and imread modules from

> http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs
> but it still says
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Users\Yukterez\Documents\pythonscriptcmb.py", line 9, in <mo
dule>
>     arr = misc.imread(infile)
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'imread'
>
> why?

	No idea. imread has been in scipy.misc for a while and still is in
the current development version according to the docs. Note that you
shouldn't need to install the imread module (scipy supports ppm
reading and writing out of the box), but I don't see why it should
cause issues. Sorry I can't be more help.

		Jerome
--
mailto:jeb### [at] freefr
http://jeberger.free.fr

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)

From: Yukterez Enabled Io
Date: 26 Apr 2013 23:00:00
Message: <web.517b3ed25ab24bf3d8692d490@news.povray.org>
I found the problem. You need
http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/
installed for scipy imread.
Now it works fine (:

yukterez.enabled.io/cmb2013_mollweide-mercator-3d.png

http://yukterez.ist.org/planck_2013_3d.gif

Post a reply to this message

From: Yukterez Enabled Io
Date: 27 Apr 2013 18:50:01
Message: <web.517c55a75ab24bf3593487030@news.povray.org>
I tried to reverse the Script, to have Mercator transformed to Mollweide, but my
Python Skills are to low. Anyone any idea how to rewrite the code to run reverse
?