POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : <no subject> Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:31:48 EDT (-0400)
  <no subject> (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: jkennedy12
Subject: <no subject>
Date: 16 Apr 2011 20:20:01
Message: <web.4daa31fec23a6d93c82a5bf0@news.povray.org>
This is part of the code I'm writing.

#declare RailArray = array[N];
#declare tmp = 0;
#while(tmp<=N)
        #declare RailArray[temp] = 0//Spline_1(temp/N);
#end

It gives me an error when I call the part inside the loop. N is equal to 10.
Spline_1 is obviously a spline. I can't figure out why it doesn't like this.

Post a reply to this message

"jkennedy12" <jke### [at] cornellcollegeedu> wrote:
> This is part of the code I'm writing.
>
> #declare RailArray = array[N];
> #declare tmp = 0;
> #while(tmp<=N)
>         #declare RailArray[temp] = 0//Spline_1(temp/N);
> #end
>
> It gives me an error when I call the part inside the loop. N is equal to 10.
> Spline_1 is obviously a spline. I can't figure out why it doesn't like this.

Array indexes are 0 based, so an array of dimension N goes from 0 to 1-N.

Try: #while(tmp<N)

-tgq

Post a reply to this message