POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Floating point accuracy Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Floating point accuracy (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: Floating point accuracy
Date: 8 Feb 2011 14:35:00
Message: <web.4d519a04579fd3e9d7f39bd00@news.povray.org>
One of my works in progress is an orbital view of a planet with a satellite at
relatively close range.  The problem is that I need a fairly fine detail on the
satellite, so I've modeled it at 1 unit = 1 inch, but a planet of the same scale
doesn't render properly.

So I'm fishing for suggestions.

Regards,
A.D.B.