POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : V. 3.7 missing message output of frame number Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  V. 3.7 missing message output of frame number (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Re: V. 3.7 missing message output of frame number
Date: 7 Feb 2011 20:05:00
Message: <web.4d509607edf3124434d207310@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> You could also have the .POV file send the frame number to the #debug
> stream.
>
> Regards,
> John

Yes, in my serious projects, I have a debug stream spitting out the
frame_number, clock and expected seconds.

But in the past, even with that SDL, it was still very useful and the quickest
way to see where you were.  And it appears to have been taken away.  New users
might try playing with the clock before they figure out how to #debug, and
restoration of these messages could help them.

I would just remark that if a program were locking up, there's probably about
three ways to get things back on track, but you wouldn't expect people to
suggest them as ways to be happy about the crashing.