POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : optical system design Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  optical system design (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: jeremy rutman
Subject: optical system design
Date: 11 Oct 2010 14:50:01
Message: <web.4cb35b3e9af8882f9f9d81740@news.povray.org>
I am curious if it is possible to use pov to design optical systems such as
light tubes, parabolic trough concentrators etc. e.g. for alternative energy
systems.
Can I either obtain light rays (paths of photons bouncing off mirrors etc.) or
output final object illumination values into a colormap or grayscale where
intensity is prop. to color ...perhaps this happens as default behavior?  I
would need to somehow obtain the relation between color and [insolation or
watts/m^2].  Anyone done any optical system design with pov? is there another
opensource that does it?

Post a reply to this message