POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : sor problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  sor problem (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: David Miller
Subject: sor problem
Date: 18 Aug 2010 17:10:00
Message: <web.4c6c4b7941034050141127b40@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm trying to create a surface of revolution object with the following code.
Megapov creates the shape correctly but leaves a fuzzy band on the object.
Anybody have any idea why this is happening?

camera { location <0,200,0> look_at <0,0,0>
angle 8}
 light_source { <0,100,0> color rgb <1,1,1>*1}
cylinder {
 <0, -1251, 0.0>, <0, -1250, 0.0>,125
 pigment{ color rgb <1,1,1,>}}
sor {
 15,
// loop
// <x , y >
<0,0>
<0, 0 >
<0.753136468 , 1.406906702 >
<1.369434765 , 2.823382334 >
<1.840138874 , 4.222210512 >
<2.161070792 , 5.576148963 >
<2.332667616 , 6.858536388 >
<2.359896755 , 8.043889693 >
<2.252052026 , 9.108477377 >
<2.022436363 , 10.03085545 >
<1.687939745 , 10.79235314 >
<1.268523582 , 11.37749672 >
<0.786625121 , 11.77436147 >
<0.266497483 , 11.97484325 >
<0,12>
pigment{ rgb <0,1,0>}
rotate <90, 0, 0>
translate <0,0,0>
no_shadow}

Post a reply to this message

I think you need to enable the sturmian root solver in order to make it
render properly (just add the sturm keyword to your SOR).

Regards,
Hugo.

--
 From a certain point onward there is no longer any turning back.
That is the point that must be reached.

Post a reply to this message

> Hi, I'm trying to create a surface of revolution object with the following code.
> Megapov creates the shape correctly but leaves a fuzzy band on the object.
> Anybody have any idea why this is happening?

It's the root solver that is acting funy near the tip. Just add "sturm"
and it renders fine, but a little bit slower.
The sturmian root solver is more robust and acurate, but takes longer to
use.

Alain