POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to visualize what you want? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  how to visualize what you want? (Message 21 to 22 of 22)
From: Patrick Elliott
Subject: Re: how to visualize what you want?
Date: 3 Aug 2010 16:56:38
Message: <4c588286$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/3/2010 7:30 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 01.08.2010 21:02, schrieb Patrick Elliott:
>
>> Tried to follow a tutorial a while back, which included some UV export
>> and stuff, so you could draw to the mesh pattern, etc. (which, imho,
>> doesn't work worth shit. We need a full editor, including clipping,
>> etc., where you can edit face by face, or groups of faces, or something
>> sane, not the "export a wireframe and how you know which parts apply to
>> the original"). As far as I know, no one has ever made such a thing. :(
>
> Sculptris is a freeware tool that (besides being fun to use as a
> modeller) allows you to paint directly on your mesh in 3D space
> (unfortunately it seems to have problems loading too large pre-existing
> meshes). There also seems to be commercial software around that has been
> doing this for years (ZBrush for instance, AFAIK).
Think I actually have that one. Biggest gripe I have with most of them
though, including blender's support to do the same, is.. Usually I clip
bits of metal from free textures, wires, etc., as needed, then tweak
them into a final image, which I then "hope" fits the shape. "Paint on
3D" applications tend to treat what you are doing as though you want to
actually paint all the details yourself, often don't have tools to cut
and paste, clip out parts of images, or otherwise align "existing" bits
of texture to your object.

Basically, you have to either be good at knowing how your mesh needs to
be layed out, using a UV map grid, or you have to be good at the art of
painting it directly yourself. If you suck at both, you are generally
SOL with these things. But, project I have committed myself to now, I am
going to have to figure this out, somehow. lol

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();
       call DRM_everything();
     }
     call functional_code();
   }
   else
     call crash_windows();
}

From: nemesis
Date: 4 Aug 2010 14:59:45
Message: <4c59b8a1$1@news.povray.org>
clipka escreveu:
> You spelt "if" wrong: It's "/if/ you finally learn it", not "when" :-P

oh, come on, anyone used to C++ intricacies can handle vi/blender in a
breeze... ;)

But it's obviously difficult to learn when you positively don't want to.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9