POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Drawing lines in POV-Ray? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Drawing lines in POV-Ray? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Pahidla
Subject: Drawing lines in POV-Ray?
Date: 12 Jul 2010 22:05:01
Message: <web.4c3bc9c6ee7b08fb52ce24af0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Can one draw contour lines in POV-Ray? If yes, is it possible to specify their
thickness?

I'm looking to switch from Matlab plots to another application that can produce
publication quality plots.

Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

> Can one draw contour lines in POV-Ray? If yes, is it possible to specify their
> thickness?

there are a few hacks around if one has the patience to look up for them.

> I'm looking to switch from Matlab plots to another application that can produce
> publication quality plots.

how about this?

http://www.gnuplot.info/

Free software, but not quite related to the GNU project...

Post a reply to this message

> Can one draw contour lines in POV-Ray? If yes, is it possible to specify their
> thickness?
>
> I'm looking to switch from Matlab plots to another application that can produce
> publication quality plots.

Check Asymptote at  http://asymptote.sourceforge.net/
it is designed for technical drawing
of publication quality plots in eps or pdf format,
but you need a TeX/LaTeX system installed.