POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : elongated torus? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  elongated torus? (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Shay
Subject: elongated torus?
Date: 12 Jun 2010 12:40:41
Message: <4c13b889$1@news.povray.org>
Possible with an isosurface function?

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: elongated torus?
Date: 12 Jun 2010 13:21:05
Message: <4c13c201$1@news.povray.org>
Am 12.06.2010 18:40, schrieb Shay:
> Possible with an isosurface function?

I bet the mathematicians have some f(x) = 0 formula to define an
elongated torus, so yes, it should be possible.

Post a reply to this message

From: John VanSickle
Date: 13 Jun 2010 12:33:43
Message: <4c150867$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> Possible with an isosurface function?

Elongated in what way?

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

From: Shay
Date: 13 Jun 2010 15:02:14
Message: <4c152b36@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> Shay wrote:
>> Possible with an isosurface function?
>
> Elongated in what way?
>
> Regards,
> John

Like a sphere_sweep through a perfect ellipse.

  -Shay

Post a reply to this message