POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Images for iPhone? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Images for iPhone? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: theajj
Subject: Images for iPhone?
Date: 30 Apr 2010 17:15:00
Message: <web.4bdb481696052bab7b57b2a90@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am trying to render some wallpapers for my iPhone (320 * 480).

I am a mac user using MegaPOV.  I can enter these settings for the image size in
the render window, however, when the image is rendered it appears to be squashed
on x axis.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Adrian

Post a reply to this message

> I am trying to render some wallpapers for my iPhone (320 * 480).
>
> I am a mac user using MegaPOV.  I can enter these settings for the image
> size in the render window, however, when the image is rendered it
> appears to be squashed on x axis.

   You have to set the camera to the same aspect ratio, using the "up" and
"right" statements... look it up on the docs:

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/245/

   Regards,

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org

Post a reply to this message

> I am trying to render some wallpapers for my iPhone (320 * 480).
>
> I am a mac user using MegaPOV.  I can enter these settings for the image size in
> the render window, however, when the image is rendered it appears to be squashed
> on x axis.
>
> Any help much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adrian

As Jaime says it is the camera aspect ratio. You want an aspect ratio of
2:3 or 0.666

   up y
   right 0.666*x

BTW you can use a larger image than 320 * 480. If you do you can zoom
and translate it on your iPhone.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 1 May 2010 01:38:13
Message: <4bdbbe45@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
>    You have to set the camera to the same aspect ratio, using the "up" and
> "right" statements... look it up on the docs:

> http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/245/

  Better explained here:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Knowledgebase:Language_Questions_and_Tips#Topic_19

--