POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ink diffusion rendering for help Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  ink diffusion rendering for help (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Paean
Subject: ink diffusion rendering for help
Date: 16 Oct 2009 10:00:01
Message: <web.4ad87b8ed2390f641524ae1d0@news.povray.org>
Hi, all.

I am trying to render an ink drop dropped into a water tank.

I got the mesh(mesh2) for the water surface and the density(0~1.) of the ink(df3
file).
But I do not have good knowledge in the media rendering.

I am learning the media rendering, but it seems hard to make the media look like
you want.

I am just wondering anybody can provide me some suggestions or resources for the
rendering of ink in water.

I want the results can be similar with the following link.

http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/duncan/ink_in_water_using_maya_fluids

But I am not sure whether POVRay can handle this. As I know, no multiple
scattering are provided in POVRay. Please tell me if you think with POVRay it is
very hard to obtain similar results.

All the stuffs required are attached in the following link.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/attachment/%3Cweb.4ad67ce3edf569a01524ae1d0%40news.povray.org%3E/povrayin
k.tar.gz

Anyone who can do me a favor to help improve the results will be very very
appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Paean