POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A simple front-end language to SDL for newbies Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  A simple front-end language to SDL for newbies (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Ciper
Subject: A simple front-end language to SDL for newbies
Date: 29 Jul 2009 11:40:00
Message: <web.4a706c4b86936ff9f2bcf83f0@news.povray.org>
PovOL (Pov-Ray Object Language) is a toy language that provides access to the
ray tracing facilities of the Pov-Ray engine via simple definitions of Pov-Ray
objects. It is NOT an object-oriented language. It is developed using
Microsoft's Oslo's MGrammar and generates code to SDL. It is by no means a
replacement for SDL (far from it!) but is meant to give practical access to new
users to Pov-Ray's powerful capabilities.

It can be tried-out online to generate ray-traced images via
http://www.sixpairs.com/povol.aspx. The online tool generates transparent png's
as images. Animation is not yet supported online but is available with the
PovGen tool (desktop WPF application) which intrinsically generates animated
gifs.

Ciper
http://sixpairs.com
cey### [at] gmailcom