POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : In case your scene parses too slow... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:27:29 EDT (-0400)
  In case your scene parses too slow... (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: clipka
Subject: In case your scene parses too slow...
Date: 16 Apr 2009 00:10:00
Message: <web.49e6aeec231c37c2255d1edc0@news.povray.org>
.... try copying and pasting the most heavily used macros into the file they are
used in.

For instance, on my Windows XP machine the following code can be sped up to
parse *** 25 TIMES FASTER *** by un-commenting the second line:

#include "rand.inc"
//#macro VRand(RS) < rand(RS), rand(RS), rand(RS)> #end
#declare R = seed(42);
#declare i = 0;
#while (i < 100000)
  #declare V = VRand(R);
  #declare i = i + 1;
#end

On my Linux machine, it's not that extreme, but still a factor of 12.

Post a reply to this message