POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : View from a window of the outside world? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  View from a window of the outside world? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: joe
Subject: View from a window of the outside world?
Date: 17 Mar 2009 22:55:00
Message: <web.49c061721ba9a3d695f7ce5b0@news.povray.org>
I have modeled a room which has a window.  What is a typical method to represent
a scene through the window.  I'm thinking of a forest or a city and it won't be
raytraced, just something like a bitmap.  It will be distant.  Should I place a
bitmap on a box that the view from the window covers?  Any tips?

Post a reply to this message

Image on a box is the way to go. Give it

finish
{
    ambient 1
    diffuse 0
}

and it will ignore light sources and be fully bright.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message