POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : invisible mesh from poser Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:12:58 EDT (-0400)
  invisible mesh from poser (Message 11 to 20 of 31)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: invisible mesh from poser
Date: 17 Dec 2008 04:13:41
Message: <4948c2c5$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> schreef in bericht
news:qrdgk4p5bvjhu6lctsqfvp5iskqhvtuubs@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:00:26 EST, "RAM" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>

> The Moray group has not been very active lately but a few people still
> keep an
> eye on it.
> --

Well, with regard to the hour the message was posted, I was asleep at that
moment... :-)

As I am - once in a while - still a Moray user, also with Poser, I shall
have a look asap.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Dec 2008 04:49:06
Message: <4948cb12$1@news.povray.org>
"FlyerX" <fly### [at] yahoocom> schreef in bericht

> Why don't you try to export to POV-Ray directly from within PoseRay? I was
> able to duplicate your problem with Moray and it will be fixed in the next
> release of PoseRay (hopefully this week). I suppose most people do not use
> Moray since it is not well behaved with POV-Ray 3.6 and the POV-Ray team
> is working on a newer version.

Well, Moray is still very useful for certain complex scenes where the
visualization of the figure within the scene is crucial for the workflow.
And some scenes just ask to be built in Moray (or Bishop3D for that matter)
because they intuitively feel that way... :-)

Talking about a new version, have you made some progress with the handling
of dynamic hair from Poser? That would indeed be a very crucial improvement.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:13:41 +0100, "Thomas de Groot"
<tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:

>Well, with regard to the hour the message was posted, I was asleep at that
>moment... :-)

I was having a late night playing Pov ping pong :)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message