POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Check if objects intersect Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:30:30 EDT (-0400)
  Check if objects intersect (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: SharkD
Subject: Check if objects intersect
Date: 8 Nov 2008 20:50:00
Message: <web.4916415194a473741f7585b80@news.povray.org>
Is there a function that returns true if two objects intersect? Thanks!

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Check if objects intersect
Date: 8 Nov 2008 22:07:06
Message: <491653da@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> Is there a function that returns true if two objects intersect? Thanks!

I don't think that's technically possible to do with arbitrary objects...

Post a reply to this message

From: SharkD
Date: 9 Nov 2008 03:45:00
Message: <web.4916a1e7205550c9d79f8a540@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> SharkD wrote:
> > Is there a function that returns true if two objects intersect? Thanks!
>
> I don't think that's technically possible to do with arbitrary objects...

That's too bad. It would be cool to be able to check whether an intersection is
empty or not.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message