POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : parsing bug? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  parsing bug? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: stevenvh
Subject: parsing bug?
Date: 27 Oct 2008 04:55:00
Message: <web.4905819d6a857d76c0721a1d0@news.povray.org>
POV-Ray correctly renders the following code (stripped to Bare Essentials):

//** code starts here **********************************
#macro mod_(A, B)  (A - B * floor(A / B))  #end
#declare N = 4;
#declare X = mod_(N, 3);
#if (N < 100)
  sphere { < X, 0, 0 >, 1 }
#end
//** code ends here ************************************

When I remove the closing bracket I correctly reports a parsing error. Now when
I move the macro definition to an include file (adding the #include statement,
still with the bracket error) POV-Ray crashes with the following error message:

"The POV-Ray core rendering code threw an unhandled exception. The backend
thread has been shut down and you will not be able to perform any renders.
[...]"

Restarting the program.
When I try to render the scene with the sphere center's coordinates set to
<0,0,0> POV-Ray simply closes without an error message.

--
Windows XP Pro
POV-Ray 3.6.1c

Post a reply to this message

> "The POV-Ray core rendering code threw an unhandled exception. The backend
> thread has been shut down and you will not be able to perform any renders.
> [...]"

Any time you get that, there is a bug.