POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Statistical functions Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:51 EDT (-0400)
  Statistical functions (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: SharkD
Subject: Statistical functions
Date: 10 Jul 2008 17:20:00
Message: <web.48767ca0803042dae116e5c40@news.povray.org>
Do any of the standard include files already contain functions/macros to
generate random numbers that fit within a beta distribution? If not, I would
like to add one to the Object Collection.

Thanks.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Do any of the standard include files already contain functions/macros to
> generate random numbers that fit within a beta distribution? If not, I would
> like to add one to the Object Collection.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Mike

Nevermind. I think I found it in "rand.inc".

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

> > Do any of the standard include files already contain functions/macros to
> > generate random numbers that fit within a beta distribution? If not, I would
> > like to add one to the Object Collection.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > -Mike
>
> Nevermind. I think I found it in "rand.inc".
>
> -Mike

If I may inquire what are you using the Beta distribution for?

Post a reply to this message

> If I may inquire what are you using the Beta distribution for?

I want some random numbers to be weighted toward a particular range.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message