POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray /and/ debian (ETCH) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:28:49 EDT (-0400)
  povray /and/ debian (ETCH) (Message 11 to 20 of 30)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: povray /and/ debian (ETCH)
Date: 24 Jun 2008 17:42:31
Message: <qfq264hvh8mgvts11liald1ibr59oq1bm5@4ax.com>
On 24 Jun 2008 13:41:24 -0400, Antti Arola <aea### [at] ioboxfi> wrote:

>On 24.06. 2008, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>> Antti Arola <aea### [at] ioboxfi> wrote:
>>> when talking about "free" in relation to software, the FOSS crowd
>>> typically means "free as in speech" and not "free as in beer".
>>
>>   I find that allusion completely flawed.
>
>And rightly so.

I don't know about that. I think that it encapsulates the idea
perfectly ;)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Jun 2008 18:55:14
Message: <48617b52$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 21:14:25 +0200, Jérôme M. Berger wrote:

> 	Except that you *cannot* reuse someone else's speech unless they
> explicitly authorized it (which most people don't do until you ask them,
> if then).

Under the GPL, that explicit authorization to reuse the code is part of
the license, subject to the terms of the GPL, which state that if you
modify it and distribute the modifications in binary form, you must also
distribute them in source form.

Jim

Post a reply to this message