POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How does povray read files? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  How does povray read files? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: gregjohn
Subject: How does povray read files?
Date: 30 May 2008 12:10:00
Message: <web.484025c52c2d78f40d56c170@news.povray.org>
I've got a file with data in it that I want povray to consider (read).

There are several lines in the file which I want povray to ignore outright.
Others have text like,
[quote]
TEXTONE TEXTTWO TEXTTHREE  0.0 34.00 27.0
[/quote]
.... where I want povray to be able to use the values of 0.0, 34.00, and 27.0 as
variables in what it does.

I could probably use a spreadsheet or text editor to re-format the file with
#declares and brackets and the like, but with great headaches. And that would
sort of ruin the whole point of my exercise.

Q: is there any way to get povray to read space-separated variables, to ignore
lines in a file it has #opened which are bad povray syntax. ?

May I do something like:

#fopen MyInput file
#read Garbage_variable
#read Garbage_variable,Garbage_variable,Garbage_variable, Useful_variable_01,
Useful_variable_02, Useful_variable_01

etc?

Post a reply to this message