POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : <no subject> Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:10:13 EDT (-0400)
  <no subject> (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: this is me
Subject: <no subject>
Date: 21 May 2008 11:50:00
Message: <web.4834437dc23a6d9dfa546470@news.povray.org>
Hello,

Assume I have a text file, "vectors.txt", containing vectors that I wish to read
with each frame of an animation.  So, for frame 1, I read line 1, and for frame
2, I read line 2, and so on.  The following obviously doesn't work, so what is
the correct way to code it?

#ifndef (looks)

   #fopen looks "povray look test.txt" read

#end

#read (looks,var1)
#debug concat("what was read = ", vstr(3, var1, ", ", 0,3), "\n")

Post a reply to this message

> Assume I have a text file, "vectors.txt", containing vectors that I wish to read
> with each frame of an animation.  So, for frame 1, I read line 1, and for frame
> 2, I read line 2, and so on.  The following obviously doesn't work, so what is
> the correct way to code it?

Read the first "frame_number" lines in each pass, ignoring all
reads except for the last line. And use a subject for posting ;)

Post a reply to this message

> > Assume I have a text file, "vectors.txt", containing vectors that I wish to read
> > with each frame of an animation.  So, for frame 1, I read line 1, and for frame
> > 2, I read line 2, and so on.  The following obviously doesn't work, so what is
> > the correct way to code it?
>
> Read the first "frame_number" lines in each pass, ignoring all
> reads except for the last line. And use a subject for posting ;)

The subject line slipped, but thanks for the advice because it seems to work
fine.