POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : C++ Source code Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  C++ Source code (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: C++ Source code
Date: 26 Feb 2008 10:43:48
Message: <47c433b4@news.povray.org>
here_I_am <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> It is well written in my post..." I will try again and make it clear to you, if
> you wont understand my question."  but it's obvious from your reply that You
> don't want to hear my question.

  Your question was simply incomprehensible. Although English is probably
not your native language, which is completely understandable, it makes it
quite difficult to understand what is that you are trying to say. Even the
bits which seem clear don't make too much sense:

"1) Write now I've a scene file of a house in .pov format(earlier it was in .obj
     format but I converted that .obj to .pov), then my question is how I am
     going to my scene file in VS as .pov or it could be in .obj."

  How are you going to *what* your scene file? I just can't understand what
you are trying to do because you didn't say what you are trying to do with it.

  Perhaps the missing verb is "import" or something along the lines? From
the context of the question it could be something like that.

  If that's the case, then the question still doesn't make sense. .pov files
are input files for the POV-Ray software. POV-Ray reads and parses them.
Visual Studio doesn't support nor understand .pov files, except as a pure
text editor. I assume you want to do something more than simply edit the
.pov file with VS. You want to "import" it somehow, whatever that means.

  It just feels that you have some kind of fundamental misunderstanding
about what is it that you are trying to do with the source code of POV-Ray
and Visual Studio. If what you are attempting to do is to modify POV-Ray
to perform something it doesn't currently, then the process is that you
make the modifications, you compile a POV-Ray executable binary with VS,
and then you run that executable binary, and from it you open the .pov
file and render it. Visual Studio itself has nothing to do with the .pov
file in this process. You don't "import" the .pov file into VS or anything
like that.

  This is why I asked in my previous followup what is it exactly that you
expect POV-Ray's source code to do, as it seems that you have some kind
of misunderstanding about how POV-Ray, .pov files and VS work. You didn't
respond.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message