POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SCC5 competition results Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  SCC5 competition results (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: Paul Bourke
Subject: SCC5 competition results
Date: 16 Feb 2008 03:20:00
Message: <web.47b69bab46ecc6f966bf80e30@news.povray.org>
The SCC5 (Short Code Competition #5) results are now online here
   http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/exhibition/scc5/final.html
Congratulations to the winners, a well deserved result.

Post a reply to this message

From: C  Cappai
Subject: Re: SCC5 competition results
Date: 16 Feb 2008 04:45:00
Message: <web.47b6af96d45b59e7c1c634070@news.povray.org>
"Paul Bourke" <pau### [at] uwaeduau> wrote:
> The SCC5 (Short Code Competition #5) results are now online here
>    http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/exhibition/scc5/final.html
> Congratulations to the winners, a well deserved result.

Thanks, Paul Bourke.

My hero is Tekno Frannansa with "Nuke"!

Post a reply to this message

From: Tek
Date: 16 Feb 2008 08:34:22
Message: <47b6e65e$1@news.povray.org>
"C. Cappai" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message

> My hero is Tekno Frannansa with "Nuke"!

Wooh! thanks

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Tek
Date: 16 Feb 2008 08:42:38
Message: <47b6e84e@news.povray.org>
I just want to say a big congrats to the winners on a great competition! And
thanks to all who voted for me, I'm very happy to have second place :)

I particularly want to congratulate Jeff Reifel for his winning entry
"Rays". As soon as I saw it I knew I was beaten! I think it's the only entry
that can be appreciated outside the context of a short-code contest, it
looks almost real! Simply amazing work. I'm still studying his source code.

Also I'd like to add a special mention to one of the runners up. He wasn't
one of the 5 I voted for but I thought Mikihiko Nishiara's animation
"Through the Menger sponge" showed some real skill. The camera work in
particular is very nice, and I was impressed by the camera-based level of
detail on the sponge. The only problem with that is that the scene doesn't
really need level of detail, so although it's technically impressive it
didn't serve an artistic purpose. Still he would have been in 6th place if I
could vote for 6 so I thought I should mention him.

Finally, congrats again to everyone on a great competition, I was very
impressed by the sheer number & quality of entries. Lets do this again some
time!

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com