POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Soup anyone? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Soup anyone? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mike the Elder
Subject: Soup anyone?
Date: 3 Jan 2008 11:15:00
Message: <web.477d08b28eb4db57e2b2e7080@news.povray.org>
For anyone who may not already be aware of this, Sam B. has set up a really

contest that can be judged by entrants, the public or specified judges at the

infrastructure that allows any interesting idea to turn into a competition
almost instantly with no fussing about with setup.

Rather than just starting up a new POV-Ray meet and hoping that others would
find the topic interesting, I thought it might be a good idea to kick around

at least a few folks would find it interesting.

Use a fairly short timetable to keep momentum high:
Discuss topics on 01/03/08 and 01/04/08
Start a meet on a topic people seem to like late 01/04/08
Set a submission deadline of late Monday, 01/14/08, which would give people two
weekends to work on a submission, but no time to dillydally or lose interest.

Unless anyone puts forward reasons to the contrary, I was just going to go with

with respect to both subject matter and techniques.

just hold back at this point and see what ideas others toss out.

Thanks in advance for responses,
Mike C.

Post a reply to this message

> Use a fairly short timetable to keep momentum high:
> Discuss topics on 01/03/08 and 01/04/08
> Start a meet on a topic people seem to like late 01/04/08
> Set a submission deadline of late Monday, 01/14/08, which would give people two
> weekends to work on a submission, but no time to dillydally or lose interest.

So that gives us a month to discuss? Oh wait, you're using the messed-up
mm/dd/yy format, aren't you?

I really didn't notice until I saw the 01/14/08.

Post a reply to this message