POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Collective Short Code Wisdom Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Collective Short Code Wisdom (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Mike the Elder
Subject: Collective Short Code Wisdom
Date: 30 Nov 2007 10:40:01
Message: <web.47502e7612ffcf68e2b2e7080@news.povray.org>
Since no objection from Mr. Bourke (or anyone else) has been forthcoming, I
shall proceed with my declared intention of opening a thread for tips on

know more about such things (that would be most of the people reading this)
will add their knowledge to the pool.  Thus begins:
THE UNOFFICIAL, LARGELY DISORGANIZED LIST OF POVRAY SHORT CODE TIPS, TRICKS &
METHODS:

avoid having to specify these.  You can also eliminate one of these and still

object definition.  For example:

7.  Vector expressions with zero values can be shortened as follows:

8.   Although rather non-specific, this general approach can be helpful.  Search

the features that you want to work with to see where you can get away with
using a default value.
Thanks in advance to all contributors,

Mike C.

Post a reply to this message