POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re-render without new parsing Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re-render without new parsing (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: psy inf
Subject: Re-render without new parsing
Date: 12 Oct 2006 11:40:00
Message: <web.452e60d15b1e79155a402aa0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
this might be an unusal question, but is there any possibility to run POVRAY
on the same scene using different parameters (e.g. antialiasing, viewport

extremly big files (>100Mb) which have to be rendered with different
options. It'd be really neat if there were an option that allows POVRAY to
cache the parsed .pov-file so it could be rendered several times using
different options.

kind regards
psy

Post a reply to this message

> this might be an unusal question, but is there any possibility to run POVRAY
> on the same scene using different parameters (e.g. antialiasing, viewport
> si?ze) without actually reparsing the file?

  No.

  In a future version of POV-Ray probably yes. Not yet.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> this might be an unusal question, but is there any possibility to run
>> POVRAY
>> on the same scene using different parameters (e.g. antialiasing, viewport
>> si?ze) without actually reparsing the file?
>
>  No.
>
>  In a future version of POV-Ray probably yes. Not yet.

   That's like... 15 years away..?

     ~Steve~

> --
>                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> >  In a future version of POV-Ray probably yes. Not yet.

>    That's like... 15 years away..?

  Not necessarily. The cleanup for SMP brings positive side-effects to the
core code.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message