POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : d-orbital rendering Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  d-orbital rendering (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: dx2-y2
Subject: d-orbital rendering
Date: 6 Oct 2006 15:10:00
Message: <web.4526a997fe4283a573037a2a0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,
I'd like to try to render some d-orbitals similar to what can be found at:
http://winter.group.shef.ac.uk/orbitron/AOs/3d/index.html
I don't need exact solutions to the wavefunctions, just something that
approximates the d-orbitals. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-George

Post a reply to this message

>I'd like to try to render some d-orbitals similar to what can be found at:
>http://winter.group.shef.ac.uk/orbitron/AOs/3d/index.html
>I don't need exact solutions to the wavefunctions, just something that
>approximates the d-orbitals. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The f_quantum isosurface will give you a solution for the 3dz2 orbital.#
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/nfunc2.htm#q

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure