POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HDR image and mapping it on to a sphere Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  HDR image and mapping it on to a sphere (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: motorsep
Subject: HDR image and mapping it on to a sphere
Date: 28 Sep 2006 20:10:01
Message: <web.451c64334936cd20ce79570f0@news.povray.org>
I decided to test how HDRI gets wraped onto a sphere. It turned out that it
does it not so well :/ (it happens with any HDRI and any size of sphere)
Is there any solution?

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5183/hdritesttgaup0.jpg

Post a reply to this message

From: motorsep
Subject: Re: HDR image and mapping it on to a sphere
Date: 28 Sep 2006 20:55:00
Message: <web.451c6e319f6ff81ce79570f0@news.povray.org>
"motorsep" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I decided to test how HDRI gets wraped onto a sphere. It turned out that it
> does it not so well :/ (it happens with any HDRI and any size of sphere)
> Is there any solution?
>
> http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5183/hdritesttgaup0.jpg

Sorry, forgot about material code:

pigment {
       image_map {
              hdr
             "c:BlenderTextureshdr02dh006lp.hdr"
             once
             interpolate 2
             map_type 1
         }
     }
     finish {
          ambient 1.0
   diffuse 0.0
     }

Post a reply to this message

From: motorsep
Date: 28 Sep 2006 21:15:00
Message: <web.451c72fa9f6ff81ce79570f0@news.povray.org>
never mind :) I got it. For HDRI MegaPov has special map_type that equals 7

Post a reply to this message