POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Short code competition number 4 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Short code competition number 4 (Message 21 to 30 of 43)
From: Penelope20k
Subject: Re: Short code competition number 4
Date: 29 Sep 2006 08:16:17
Message: <451d0e91@news.povray.org>
may we send 3 codes under some condition as

Code_1 ... will only participate to gold medal
Code 2 for silver
Code 3 for short code ..

even if we send it in 3 times ?

> > > Probably a stupid question, but.... we can submit more than one entry,
right?
> >   I hope so.
>
> I have no problem with multiple entries as long as they are each
distinctly
> different.
> On the other hand lets not go crazy .... lets say a maximum of 4 per
person?
> Everyone happy with that?

Post a reply to this message

From: Leroy
Date: 30 Sep 2006 01:38:46
Message: <451E01C4.80408@joplin.com>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> One problem that might arise is that people could start using the code
> of previous entries, modify it a bit and submit it as new.  In my scc3
> submission you could for example simply change the colors and pattern
> and have a differently looking but essentially very similar scene.  Due
> to the small size this might not be easily recognizable for the voters
> (because you could quite well get independently to very similar 256
> character scenes).
>
> The fact that the code will be visible makes this easier to deal with
> but i still fear that during voting there could be extensive discussion
> about whether some entries are based on older ones.
>
> Christoph

  I'm thinking of entering for the first time.
How can I make sure I don't mistakingly do what you feared?

Post a reply to this message