POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : object media / spotlight aberration Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  object media / spotlight aberration (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: object media / spotlight aberration
Date: 23 Sep 2006 22:45:01
Message: <web.4515f0eb55cb690689cb42c20@news.povray.org>

And Alain wrote:

>  Not good! Now the light is placed at <-36,36,-36> and
> point_at <-36,36,-36>, and it don't light the scene any more....

I'm embarassed to say that, in my happiness that the distortion had
disappeared, I had neglected to notice that the light was no longer shining
(!)  Duh. This explains it. But in the interim, I thought that the problem
was *still* in the ordering of the spotlight's terms, so I plugged in the
spotlight example given in the docs  (in 2.2.4.2) instead. But the cone
distortion reappeared.

I'm beginning to sense that this problem is deeper than *just* the ordering
of terms in the spotlight. Accordingly, I'd like to apologize to the POV
team for my earlier remarks. I'm sure they are working on this conundrum.
If it were easy to fix, it would have been by now.

Three cheers for the POV team!  :-)

Ken

Post a reply to this message