POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Save several images from the same Scene? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Save several images from the same Scene? (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Tim Attwood
Subject: Re: Save several images from the same Scene?
Date: 20 Sep 2006 19:58:52
Message: <4511d5bc@news.povray.org>
> In my problem the center of my object is (1000,1000,0). How to define the
> parameters to make a circle around the center of this object with a
> distance of 1000?

light_source { 0 color 1
   translate -1000*x // orbit diameter
   rotate clock*360*y // move in orbit
   rotate 30*x // incline
   translate <1000,1000,0> // center on object
}

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 20 Sep 2006 21:50:59
Message: <4511f003$1@news.povray.org>
pierre nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 20/09/2006 06:54:
> Thanks for yours answers,
>
> I tried to implemente my code with v-rotate.
>
> But I still have the same problem, the file which is saved after runing
> povray is a bitmap file (a single picture...)
>
> I give you  my code:
>
> #include "colors.inc"
>
> background {color Black}
> camera {     location <1000, 1866, -505>
> look_at <1000, 1000, 0>
> angle 10
> }
>

>  #include "vierge2pas10obj_POV_geom"
>
>  #include "vierge2pas10obj_POV_mat"
>
> object {vierge2pas10obj_mesh_unnamed_material_
>
> texture{ pigment{color rgb<0.80, 0.80, 0.75>}
>
>          finish {               ambient 0        //ambient lighting
>                                 brilliance 0      //brilliance
>                                 crand 0          //crand amount
>                                 diffuse 0       //diffuse lighting
>                                 //ior  1.52           //index of refraction
>                                 //metallic
>                                 //phong 1          //phong highlighting
>                                 //phong_size 250     //phong size
>                                 reflection 0     //reflected light
>                                 //refraction      //refract toggle
>                                 roughness 0.001       //roughness
>                                 specular 1      //specular highlighting
>
> }      }   }
>

>  light_source {
>   vrotate(<-1000,0,0>,<0,clock*360,30>)
>
> color White
>   parallel
>   point_at <1000, 1000, 0>
>    }
>

> Warm greetings
>
> Pierre
>
> "Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>> You can use the animation features of Pov-Ray; help section 2.3.8 Making
>>> Animations
>>> Use the clock and or frame_number variables to create a series of images
>>> that can be made into an animation using a third party programme.
>>>

>> changing on screen. I find this useful. Another method is to use the #debug
>> command to output you variables to a text file for future reference.

>> movie. The downside is that you have to make many more frames if you want
>> to view the changes over a reasonable period of time.
>>
>> Stephen

Using the windows version, beside the resolutions box, you have a small text
box. That box is a "command line options box" where you can place any command
line" option.
In that box, enter "+kff30" and start the render.
POV-Ray will start to render 30 versions of your scene with the clock variable
going from 0 to 1. All frames will be named consecutively as: scenenamexx.ext
where xx is a number.

--
Alain
The more crap you put up with, the more crap you are going to get.