POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray BOINC project Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:24:27 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray BOINC project (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: POV-Ray BOINC project
Date: 20 Aug 2006 20:35:01
Message: <web.44e8fe23bab5562f10426a300@news.povray.org>
Hello

I set up my own BOINC project (info about BOINC on
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/). My aim is to be able to render POV-Ray images
with it. I still haven't even started developing the application, which
would be a wrapper between POV-Ray and BOINC API. I did a wrapper for flam3
(www.flam3.com) and have successfully rendered images.

The project is being hosted on my home computer, with 256kbps download and
128kbps upload speed. This is obviously not enough for anything serious.
Probably I will just develop the application and use the project for some
heavy testing, and once it is working, get it added to BURP: Big and Ugly
Rendering Project (currently in pre-alpha stage, rendering with Blender,
http://burp.boinc.dk/).

Project URL: http://debian.povaddict.com.ar/pov/

By the way, I seriously need a name change. "Test project" isn't quite
good... I thought about POB "Persistance of BOINC", but maybe somebody here
can
come up with something better...? ;)