POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : has anyone a POV 1.0-disk?? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  has anyone a POV 1.0-disk?? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: siggi-gross
Subject: has anyone a POV 1.0-disk??
Date: 20 Aug 2006 11:25:01
Message: <web.44e87e38313ff58bb56b7e120@news.povray.org>
hello,
i started with povray in 1993 with POV 1.0 and the book from drew wells and
chris young. to be sincere, i'm taking still yet sometimes a look into this
book.

with the book cames a 3.5-disk with the full pov-1.0-DOS version. since my
last removal this disk is lost and i wanted to ask here, if anyone has a
1.0-version of povray and can send it to me via mail.

thanks in advance

siggi

sig### [at] webde

Post a reply to this message

>i started with povray in 1993 with POV 1.0 and the book from drew wells and
>chris young. to be sincere, i'm taking still yet sometimes a look into this
>book.
>
>with the book cames a 3.5-disk with the full pov-1.0-DOS version. since my
>last removal this disk is lost and i wanted to ask here, if anyone has a
>1.0-version of povray and can send it to me via mail.

I've got a first edition of Drew Wells & Chris Young's "Ray Tracing
Creations" from 1993, and the floppy disc that came with it, but it's
POV 2.0 not 1.0 on that disk.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

> i started with povray in 1993 with POV 1.0 and the book from drew wells and
> chris young. to be sincere, i'm taking still yet sometimes a look into this
> book.
>
> with the book cames a 3.5-disk with the full pov-1.0-DOS version. since my
> last removal this disk is lost and i wanted to ask here, if anyone has a
> 1.0-version of povray and can send it to me via mail.

The old carleton site still has v1.0:

  ftp://alfred.ccs.carleton.ca/pub/pov-ray/

also dkb-trace:

  ftp://alfred.ccs.carleton.ca/pub/dkbtrace/

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message