POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity settings: I want to cut down my render times Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:12:56 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity settings: I want to cut down my render times (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: fls13
Subject: Radiosity settings: I want to cut down my render times
Date: 25 May 2006 13:30:00
Message: <web.4475e961b0821691a749734b0@news.povray.org>
Here's what I'm going with now. Any suggestions on how I can cut down my
render times?

//Radiosity settings. See section 2.3.7 in POV-Ray 3.6 manual for details
   radiosity {
              pretrace_start 0.08           // start pretrace at this size
              pretrace_end   0.05           // end pretrace at this size
              count 20                     // higher -> higher quality
(1..1600)
              nearest_count 1               // higher -> higher quality
(1..10)
              error_bound 1.8               // higher -> smoother, less
accurate [1.8]
              recursion_limit 1             // how much interreflections are
calculated (1..5+)
              low_error_factor .5           // reduce error_bound during
last pretrace step
              gray_threshold 0.0            // increase for weakening colors
(0..1)
              minimum_reuse 0.015           // reuse of old radiosity
samples [0.015]
              brightness 1                  // brightness of radiosity
effects (0..1)
              adc_bailout 0.01/2
             }

Post a reply to this message