POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shaders Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:10:40 EDT (-0400)
  Shaders (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: McHannemann
Subject: Shaders
Date: 5 May 2006 07:25:00
Message: <web.445b3582e1f9adf3d4d329280@news.povray.org>
Would it be possible to include Symbiont Shaders into the pov code(Darkling
Simulations)?
It would be a great addition to the Pov Universe and the codes required are
free to use and implement :-D

Regards,

Thor

Post a reply to this message

> It would be a great addition to the Pov Universe

What exactly do they add to the table that povray isn't capable of?  So,
they render Darktree textures and materials, which seem like they are just
like any povray 3D textures.  Am I missing something?

Post a reply to this message

> > It would be a great addition to the Pov Universe
>
> What exactly do they add to the table that povray isn't capable of?  So,
> they render Darktree textures and materials, which seem like they are just
> like any povray 3D textures.  Am I missing something?

They do have several functions not implemented in the pov ray materials
and the editor for them is also very handy to work with. I do use a lot

reproduce so far in povray.

Regards,

Thor