POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : sandy beach Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:12:23 EDT (-0400)
  sandy beach (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Barehunter
Subject: sandy beach
Date: 23 Oct 2005 22:15:01
Message: <web.435c429e2798ddec703dfb900@news.povray.org>
Hey guys.
anyone have a good generated texture for  the sandy part of a beach?
I can do an image_map but that's kinda cheating.
Thanks

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: sandy beach
Date: 24 Oct 2005 03:45:22
Message: <435c9112@news.povray.org>
"Barehunter" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
> Hey guys.
> anyone have a good generated texture for  the sandy part of a beach?
> I can do an image_map but that's kinda cheating.
> Thanks

I have sent a couple of textures to povray.text.scene-files (same subject).
I don't know if they are what you want, but they can easily be adapted.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Barehunter nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-10-23 22:10:
> Hey guys.
> anyone have a good generated texture for  the sandy part of a beach?
> I can do an image_map but that's kinda cheating.
> Thanks

Look in the samples scenes for isocacti.pov. It have an aceptable sand texture.

--
Alain
To the world you may be one person, but to one

Post a reply to this message

From: Barehunter
Date: 24 Oct 2005 07:25:01
Message: <web.435cc41590ba8bf1703dfb900@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:

> Look in the samples scenes for isocacti.pov. It have an aceptable sand texture.
>
> --
> Alain
> To the world you may be one person, but to one
> person you may be the world.

wow thats actually an amazing sand texture. Am running isocacti atm. bit
slow but then it has lotta details. Thanks for bringing this to my
attention. I havent looked at the sample scenes in over 8 years.

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Oct 2005 04:56:45
Message: <435df34d@news.povray.org>
"Alain" <ele### [at] netscapenet> schreef in bericht

> Look in the samples scenes for isocacti.pov. It have an aceptable sand
texture.

True. However, I would make one comment: the sand in isocacti is
monochromatic, which is rarely the case in nature. Substitute the texture by
one of those I posted in p.t.s-f and you will get a much more natural
looking beach. I posted and example in p.b.i. using the darker version of my
sand. The only thing I added was scale 0.02 to the texture.

Thomas