POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How do you stop all the messages? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  How do you stop all the messages? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: apchar
Subject: How do you stop all the messages?
Date: 1 Aug 2005 14:40:01
Message: <web.42ee6c1c8d435adfbce25a790@news.povray.org>
How do I prevent all those messages that come out when I start a raytrace. I
added
Display=off
Verbose=off
Debug_Console=off
Fatal_Console=off
Render_Console=off
Statistic_Console=off
Warning_Console=off
Warning_Level=0

to my .ini file but the following still comes out when I invoke povray:

povray: cannot open the user configuration file
/home/apblair/.povray/3.6/povray.conf: No such file or directory
Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.6.1 (g++ 3.4.1 @
 i686-pc-linux-gnu)
This is an official version prepared by the POV-Ray Team. See the
 documentation on how to contact the authors or visit us on the
 internet at http://www.povray.org/.
POV-Ray is based on DKBTrace 2.12 by David K. Buck & Aaron A. Collins
Copyright 1991-2003 Persistence of Vision Team
Copyright 2003-2004 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.

Primary POV-Ray 3.5/3.6 Developers: (Alphabetically)
  Chris Cason         Thorsten Froehlich  Nathan Kopp         Ron Parker

Contributing Authors: (Alphabetically)
  Steve Anger         Eric Barish         Dieter Bayer        Steve A.
Bennett
  David K. Buck       Nicolas Calimet     Aaron A. Collins    Chris Dailey
  Steve Demlow        Andreas Dilger      Alexander Enzmann   Dan Farmer
  Mark Gordon         Christoph Hormann   Mike Hough          Chris Huff
  Kari Kivisalo       Lutz Kretzschmar    Jochen Lippert      Pascal
Massimino
  Jim McElhiney       Douglas Muir        Juha Nieminen       Bill Pulver
  Eduard Schwan       Wlodzimierz Skiba   Robert Skinner      Yvo
Smellenbergh
  Zsolt Szalavari     Scott Taylor        Massimo Valentini   Timothy Wegner
  Drew Wells          Chris Young

Other contributors are listed in the documentation.

Support libraries used by POV-Ray:
  ZLib 1.2.1, Copyright 1995-1998 Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler
  LibPNG 1.2.5, Copyright 1998-2002 Glenn Randers-Pehrson
  LibJPEG 6b, Copyright 1998 Thomas G. Lane
  LibTIFF 3.6.1, Copyright 1988-1997 Sam Leffler, 1991-1997 SGI
Redirecting Options
  All Streams to console..........On
  Debug Stream to console.........Off
  Fatal Stream to console.........Off
  Render Stream to console........Off
  Statistics Stream to console....Off
  Warning Stream to console.......Off
Parsing Options
  Input file: mstxy.pov (compatible to version 3.61)
  Remove bounds........On
  Split unions.........Off
  Library paths:
    /usr/local/share/povray-3.6
    /usr/local/share/povray-3.6/ini
    /usr/local/share/povray-3.6/include
    /usr/local/share/povray-3.6/include/
    /home/apblair/povray/include/
    /home/apblair/povray/mst/include/
Output Options
  Image resolution 640 by 480 (rows 1 to 480, columns 1 to 640).
  Output file: /home/apblair/povray/mst/mstxy.png, 24 bpp PNG
  Graphic display......Off
  Mosaic preview.......Off
  CPU usage histogram..Off
  Continued trace......Off
Tracing Options
  Quality:  9
  Bounding boxes.......On   Bounding threshold: 3
  Light Buffer.........On
  Vista Buffer.........On   Draw Vista Buffer....Off
  Antialiasing.........On  (Method 1, Threshold 0.300, Depth 3, Jitter 1.00)
  Clock value:    0.000  (Animation off)

  0:00:01 Parsing 52K tokens
  0:00:01 Creating bounding slabs
  0:00:01 Creating vista buffer
  0:00:02 Creating light buffers 102K tokens
Scene Statistics
  Finite objects:         4402
  Infinite objects:          1
  Light sources:            31
  Total:                  4434

How do I stifle this junk??
Thanx,
Apchar

Post a reply to this message

> How do I prevent all those messages that come out when I start a raytrace. I
> added

povray [options] 2> /dev/null

Christoph

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/ (Last updated 24 Jul. 2005)