POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : b b b blue jeans Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:28:37 EDT (-0400)
  b b b blue jeans (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Barehunter
Subject: b b b blue jeans
Date: 1 Jul 2005 20:00:00
Message: <web.42c5d8deb76d500636ccdf710@news.povray.org>
Hey there. this isn't super important but has anyone made a texture to
simulate denim blue jeans?

Post a reply to this message

From: PM 2Ring
Subject: Re: b b b blue jeans
Date: 6 Jul 2005 08:25:00
Message: <web.42cbcc7c5136f9ba30757dd90@news.povray.org>
"Barehunter" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hey there. this isn't super important but has anyone made a texture to
> simulate denim blue jeans?

I guess not, from the lack of responses. Does it have to be exactly denim,
or just blue denim cloth? I guess that high quality cloth sims don't come
free...

However, there is a reflectance spectrum RS_BlueJeans1 in "rspd_jvp.inc",
part of Jaime's LightSysIV. I've just done a few quick test-renders,
substituting it into the leather texture in the LightSys
"demo_indoor1.pov", so it has the wrong finish, but it looks a little bit
too grey to my eyes.