POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Using povray as a CAD program Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:26:49 EDT (-0400)
  Using povray as a CAD program (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: wilhelm
Subject: Using povray as a CAD program
Date: 7 Jun 2005 18:30:00
Message: <web.42a61f5781374c96f991a200@news.povray.org>
Does anyone use POVRAY as a CAD system?

I've played with it and it seems like it could be done. I wrote a simple
"dimension.inc" that computes the distance beween two points and draws the
dimension information.I used an orthographic camera and drew a simple
CAD-type drawing (2D looking) with dimensions, using white lines (thin
cylinders) on a black background, etc.

I was wondering if such include files or macros already exist for doing this
kind of drawing and dimensioning. It's not graphically interactive, but
that's ok with me.

It would be great if this could be incorporated into Moray.

wilhelm

Post a reply to this message