POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Generate planet maps Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Generate planet maps (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Helix
Subject: Generate planet maps
Date: 3 Mar 2005 05:05:02
Message: <web.4226e04af9f92804d54e11790@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm looking for a macro/scene file which will generate planet maps and
output them into files.

I need to generate planet (flat) maps and also use them as spherical map.

Does it exist ? If not, how can I do this ?
I've found "Blender World Forge"
(http://www.selleri.org/Blender/scripts/text.html), but I want to do this
with POV-Ray :)

Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm looking for a macro/scene file which will generate planet maps and
> output them into files.

> I need to generate planet (flat) maps and also use them as spherical map.

  You mean something like this?

// Render for example at -w800 -h400 +a0.1
camera
{ spherical
  location 0
}