POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gilles Tron interview Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Gilles Tron interview (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Ken
Subject: Gilles Tron interview
Date: 6 Jan 2005 18:45:00
Message: <web.41ddccf558cf427916b983d30@news.povray.org>
There is a nice interview with Gilles at the cgarchitect.com web site.
Mentions Poray.
Ken Matassa

Post a reply to this message

From: Marc Jacquier
Subject: Re: Gilles Tron interview
Date: 7 Jan 2005 04:18:03
Message: <41de53cb$1@news.povray.org>

> There is a nice interview with Gilles at the cgarchitect.com web site.
> Mentions Poray.
> Ken Matassa

Thanks Kan ;-)

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 7 Jan 2005 09:21:28
Message: <41de9ae8$1@news.povray.org>
"Ken" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
> There is a nice interview with Gilles at the cgarchitect.com web site.
> Mentions Poray.
> Ken Matassa

It's actually at www.123d.com (though linked from cgarchitect.com).  It was
already mentioned 2 posts below.  It's "Gilles Tran".  It's "POV-Ray".
You're a different "Ken".  I'm being a tad obnoxious.  ;-)

Anyway, it was an interesting read.  It makes me proud.  :-)

Ok, now I'm going to launch into something which will sound completely
flattering, but it's true.  I first started using POV-Ray after 3.5 came
out, when it was mentioned on Slashdot.  Someone on Slashdot posted a link
to Oyonale.  I was AMAZED!  I had no idea that such things could be
accomplished without working for Pixar or something, and maybe not even
then!  From there, I became obsessed for a couple weeks.  I POV'd like a
mad-man.  I started creating objects left and right, I started modelling my
basement "just because I could."  But through this whole time, I would
frequently go back to Gilles' site and stare at the pictures.  He became
larger than life to me.  Well, at some point in late 2002, I came across
these newsgroups.  "OMG!  That Gilles Tran guy posts here!"  Since then,
I've learned that he is indeed human, but even so, his artwork still stands
as a testament to what can be (and has been) done with POV.  Gilles has made
a tremendous contribution to POV-Ray, just by using it.

Thank you.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com