POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media Map? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  Media Map? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Tim McMurdo
Subject: Media Map?
Date: 15 Dec 2004 12:35:00
Message: <web.41c075a46fee013dacb32c570@news.povray.org>
I'm still working on the rain clouds & have come to the conclusion that I
need something similar to a density map or a pigment map that allows me to
change the media over the height of the object. Am I missing something in
the docs? I can't seem to find this type of feature. If it does not exist,
is there a way around the problem?

Tim

Post a reply to this message

> I'm still working on the rain clouds & have come to the conclusion that I
> need something similar to a density map or a pigment map that allows me to
> change the media over the height of the object. Am I missing something in
> the docs? I can't seem to find this type of feature. If it does not exist,
> is there a way around the problem?
>
> Tim

I guess it is possible with a density block inside your media. You
should be able to change both its color and/or its density this way. See
the paragraph "3.5.2.3 Density" in the help for all the details...

Hope this helps

--
Vincent

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim McMurdo
Date: 15 Dec 2004 13:45:00
Message: <web.41c08595f0e42743acb32c570@news.povray.org>
Vincent...I have been through this section a couple of times, but after you
pointed me to it once more...I think I noticed how to change colors in a
density statement for the first time. Thanks for your help.