POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OSI compatible license. Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:58:44 EDT (-0400)
  OSI compatible license. (Message 8 to 17 of 17)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: OSI compatible license.
Date: 23 Sep 2004 07:27:31
Message: <4152b323$1@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns956D876C9CB78raf256com@203.29.75.35>, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj"
<spa### [at] raf256com> wrote:

> Btw, as I asked before - would it be possible to rewrite some old parts of
> Pov code (if oryginal authors can't be contacted), so that PovTeam would be
> "in touch" with authors of entire code, with could allow changing license
> (to more free for example) in future?

Everything is possible, but as stated before:

As a matter of policy the POV-Team does not discuss future versions of
POV-Ray, their planned release date or any other feature they may or may not
have.  This includes the licensing.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde