POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Wanted: someone to co-operate with on POVray scenery for a game Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:10:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wanted: someone to co-operate with on POVray scenery for a game (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: gil
Subject: Re: Wanted: someone to co-operate with on POVray scenery for a game
Date: 29 Jul 2004 09:05:00
Message: <web.4108f469587f602318134edd0@news.povray.org>
Yes, I thought of a simple image map approach at first, but it didn't have
all the components I wanted. I also considered Flash, but I've got a sort of
prejudice against Flash - it's very capable, and I've done a few things
with it, but, I don't know, I just don't like it.  Java gives me lots of
flexibility to describe different game objects and make them behave
uniquely.

The problem with all these sorts of things - game creation projects
stretching into the future -, I find, is that if I've got a deadline or
someone is depending on me, I can motivate myself much better than working
in a vacuum.

Gil