POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : isosurface from external file Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:13:56 EDT (-0400)
  isosurface from external file (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: nomail
Subject: isosurface from external file
Date: 28 Jul 2004 11:40:00
Message: <web.4107c8883f67bc4858bb41aa0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I've been trying to display isosurface(s) from 3D data from a user specified
input file but with little success so far.

I've found the following solution:

#declare FUN = function {"data_3D_3",
     < LEVSCALE>, library "i_dat3d","input.dat",<NX+1,NY+1,NZ+1,0>}

 isosurface {
       function{FUN}
       bounded_by{box{<0,0,0>, <NX,NY,NZ>}}
       threshold -1
       max_gradient 1.000
       eval
       texture { pigment {color rgbt <1.0,0.20,0.0,0.8>} }
 }

where "input.dat" is the use specified file. This does not work (there is an
error message) and I suspect it might be because it is not in the standard
distribution of povray. Is that correct? Do you see any way to solve this
problem?

Thanks for your help,

Vincent

Post a reply to this message

> I've been trying to display isosurface(s) from 3D data from a user specified
> input file but with little success so far.
>
> I've found the following solution:
>
> #declare FUN = function {"data_3D_3",
>      < LEVSCALE>, library "i_dat3d","input.dat",<NX+1,NY+1,NZ+1,0>}

Whoever told you this syntax was mistaken.  See the POV-Ray manual
(under 'user defined functions' and 'density files') for the correct
version.

Christoph

Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

>> I've been trying to display isosurface(s) from 3D data from a user
>> specified
>> input file but with little success so far.
>>
>> I've found the following solution:
>>
>> #declare FUN = function {"data_3D_3",
>>      < LEVSCALE>, library "i_dat3d","input.dat",<NX+1,NY+1,NZ+1,0>}
>

> Whoever told you this syntax was mistaken.  See the POV-Ray manual
> (under 'user defined functions' and 'density files') for the correct
> version.

I'm not sure, but maybe he is using a POV-Ray patch.
(E.g. Density_File Extension Patch)

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.net

Post a reply to this message

>>>      < LEVSCALE>, library "i_dat3d","input.dat",<NX+1,NY+1,NZ+1,0>}
>>

>> Whoever told you this syntax was mistaken.  See the POV-Ray manual
>> (under 'user defined functions' and 'density files') for the correct
>> version.
>

> I'm not sure, but maybe he is using a POV-Ray patch.
> (E.g. Density_File Extension Patch)

The DFE patch allows different file formats for density files but it
does not introduce a new user defined function syntax.

Christoph

Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message