POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3.6 Error Saving Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  3.6 Error Saving (Message 3 to 12 of 12)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: 3.6 Error Saving
Date: 20 Jun 2004 04:54:16
Message: <40d550b8$1@news.povray.org>
In article <40d0df06$1@news.povray.org> , "Michael Raiford"
<mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> I'm
> betting that somewhere in the parsing code, when it's cancelled, or an error
> occurs it doesn't always close the file.

That bet you will loose!  It simply happens in two threads.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 21 Jun 2004 09:05:28
Message: <40d6dd18$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> That bet you will loose!  It simply happens in two threads.
>
>     Thorsten

More detail? Is it a thread sync issue then?

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 21 Jun 2004 09:05:28

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 23 Jun 2004 13:40:56
Message: <40d9c0a8$1@news.povray.org>
In article <40d6dd18$1@news.povray.org> , Mike Raiford
<mra### [at] hotmailcom>  wrote:

>> That bet you will loose!  It simply happens in two threads.
>>
>>     Thorsten
>
> More detail? Is it a thread sync issue then?

Yes, as the render core and the frontend got decoubled in 3.6 it is possible
that if a system insists on not writing to files open for reading it will
protest.  Most systems do not have such a problem by default, Windows is
fairly unique in this respect...